Since my parents were separated, my dad got the boys (my 2 brothers) and my mom got the girls (my sister and myself). Well, since then, 2 more brothers have been added to the family. All four of my brothers live with my dad in Texas.
I really miss them, I only get to see them over summer breaks or an occasional holiday. However, now that I am starting school soon, getting there for whole summers is going to be more difficult. I didn't get to spend this past summer 2010 with them because I was taking care of my sister's two kids (ages then 2 and 11 months). The last time I saw them was in April 2010 when I went for a 2 week visit. That just isn't enough time. I love my brothers and we get along great.... and maybe separation brings us closer together, but it is almost as though I don't know them. I only get to talk to them on the phone every so often because of school and trying to find a job. Plus, our talks are never too long because my younger brothers range from age 3 to14 and my older brother isn't always around the house to be able to talk and catch up.
A lot of the time, I wish we all lived closer. My mom's husband wants to stay in Florida and my dad thinks Florida is a terrible state so of course there isn't much of a choice. I can't live with my dad because there is already so many people there (My dad, stepmother, 4 boys). There's not much space for comfortable living if I moved there too especially since I am expecting a baby.
My point is, I miss my brothers...
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Separated Family
Posted by absolutelyintoxicating at 11:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment