Last night was New Years Eve and I did nothing. I had planned to take a trip to New Port Richey for the weekend and kick off the new year with some friends, however, they had other plans. Again on New Years Eve, I missed the ball drop and I didn't see any fireworks (though I heard plenty). I sat inside with my mother and watched Life Time Movies, which wasn't bad. I really don't feel like I had to celebrate it seeing as I already know my New Years will be rocky. I have a lot to get done in just this first week of January. I have to attempt to get myself to the college to re-take my College Placement Test. I bombed horribly on it the first time and will have to take uncredited classes if I don't. Then I have to talk to a counselor and set up my classes, pay the $40 fee if I haven't already (I don't really remember), and figure out when my next doctor's appointment is! While I do all of that I have to hope and pray that my transcripts have gotten to the college. I don't even know if I got my financial aid! All in all, it is going to be a very stressful beginning to a new year.
On top of everything, I am pregnant so I have little energy. My sister, who is also pregnant, and her two children are stay with us, leaving me to sleep on the couch as I have mentioned in a previous post. I wish I had these last 6 months to enjoy myself before my own baby comes, but instead I am stuck watching my sister's kids until they get into daycare. I am constantly cleaning up after my sister, the slob, and her children. She says "I'll get that" and never does, so of course, I end up having to. Wouldn't want my stepfather to give her a hard time or anything.
I really hope I get into college this semester, I miss learning. Plus, it will actually give me something to do that will benefit me, unlike being a parent to my sister's kids. I'm frustrated and about to snap.
Have a Happy New Year everyone, hopefully better and more stress-free than mine.

0 comments:
Post a Comment